As the summer season quickly approaches, we’ve asked the Delanco summer staff to tell us a little about themselves!
1. Name: Colleen McCullough
2. Nickname: Mama…affectionately given that nickname by PS10.
3. Job: Head Cook
4. Years on Summer Staff: 4
5. Years attending Camp: 0
6. High School/College: Overbrook Regional
7. Home Church: Gibbsboro United Methodist Church
8. Favorite Delanco Memory: Seriously? One? One of the many memories was at the closing staff meeting after a week of Junior Camp. Just to witness the raw emotions coming from all of the volunteers who gave up their week to share their love of Jesus with the campers. It’s so heartwarming to see how much they truly care.
9. If someone made a movie of your life, which actor/actress would play you? Sandra Bullock because she is an awesome comedic actress and let’s face it, life is pretty funny.
10. You’ve been given access to a time-machine. Where would you go and why? This question stumped me. I wouldn’t want to go to the future because I wouldn’t want to spoil and surprises. I guess I’d like to go back to a more simple time where people weren’t so rushed and just sitting with friends watching kids playing outside was “enough”.
11. What are you most looking forward to this summer? Everything that is Delanco Camp…from meeting the campers, to worshiping, to spending time with staff, to getting to hang out with friends on weekly staff, to meeting new volunteers, etc.
12. Favorite Bible Verse: Again, have many but we’ll go with…For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.-Jeremiah 29:11 AND I know what it is to to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:12-13
13. Briefly describe your testimony: I was born and raised in a family who attended church regularly but never really felt God’s awesomeness until I attended Creation Fest with my friends in 1985. I have been lucky enough to be able to return several times since then (and to see my daughters experience it) and it never ceases to bring me closer to our Creator!